Welcome to WECI English Language Institute Home Page
WECI English Language Institute is a professional language institute, providing quality English Language tuition from qualified and experienced native speaker instructors. Established in 2002, WECI has branches in Hua Hin and Prachuab Khiri khan, offering a wide variety of courses from Young Learner and General English through to Business English and specialist Hotel classes.
Class levels cover all abilities from Beginner to Advanced with our students varying in age and background, from the very Young Learner to the Corporate Manager. WECI English Language Institute's mission is to bring to the community a large range of quality language courses at a realistic price, providing opportunities for those who want to learn, and a comfortable, affordable, well resourced environment in which to do so.
WECI Hua Hin has become widely respected in the area and has been asked to manage a number of English language programs at local schools. Its instructors have a reputation for being experts in their field, largely due to WECI English Language Institute's recruitment policy, requiring a TEFL certification and student centered teaching techniques. Weci's insistence on small class sizes also enables students to actively participate in class, thereby enabling them to develop their pronunciation and speaking skill to the full.
COME AND TEACH ENGLISH! DON’T KNOW HOW?
WE WILL TEACH YOU – 120 hour accredited TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign language) course
Where? in the charming city of Hua Hin on the coast of Thailand; Just two and half hours from Bangkok
When? January 18th - and April 4th - August 8th and September 19th 2013
How much and how long? Four weeks - 42,000 Baht ($1,400). This includes one full week of live teaching.
Native speakers with degrees are offered a guaranteed four month renewable teaching contract.
Stunning tree lined beaches, markets, and the discovery of traditional Thai lifestyles await you in Hua Hin
For more information click here
WECI Prachuab opened its doors in August 2004 in response to local demand for a quality English Language provider. It is situated on Koh Lak Road
in central Prachuab and has a warm, cosy, family feel. WECI Prachuab serves a large catchment area and also offers a wide range of classes including some specialist English relating to local needs, with Prachuab being the capital of the Province, home to the many government departments.
WECI Koh Samui opened in January 2008. It is situated on Nha Meung Road a half way between Nha Torn and Hua Tha Non. WECI Koh Samui serves a wide range of classes including hotels and local sectors.
WECI Koh Samui Location Map
“EXCELLENT QUALITY AWARD”
The Thai Ministry of Education introduced a new rigorous assessment and ranking program in 2009 for private institutes of education. WECI was recently assessed and has achieved an “Excellent Quality Award”. The award reminds us of the high standards we strive to meet in our educational programs.
We don’t think of our clients as just customers, but as partners in delivering quality English-language training. We count all of our clients as our important partners, and we’d like to take this opportunity to thank you for helping us make this achievement possible.
- We believe each student can learn and will have an equal opportunity to do so.
- We believe in clearly defined goals that set high expectations for student excellence.
- We believe in the value of the communicative approach to learning
- We believe in the value of "producing learning" not merely "providing teaching"
- We believe in teaching "people" not "books"
- We believe in the value of the teacher as a "guide": and "mentor"
- We believe each student should take responsibility for their own learning
- We believe that it is human to make mistakes, and from these we learn.
- We believe in the flexibility of the learning process to "run" with the learner
- We believe in the value of each employee.
- We believe in the personal and professional growth of all people within our institute.
- Established in 2002, WECI is fully licensed and approved by the Ministry of Education
- TEFL Qualified and experienced teachers from England, America Australia, New Zealand, Canada and the United Kingdom
- Up to date, learner centered EFL teaching methodologies, where students have fun with the language and participate freely
- Emphasis on learner centered, practical activities
- Small class sizes
- Flexible class timings and course lengths
- Students grouped according to ability
- Professional learning environment
- WECI Management have many years experience within education and foreign language teaching, both in Thailand and other countries
- All students placement tested using Oxford University (UK) standards.
- Latest EFL materials based mainly on University of Oxford and University of Cambridge publications.
Why native speaker teachers?
- Students hear authentic dialects and accents.
- Students are given natural intonation and stress patterns.
- Students develop confidence in dealing with real native speakers
- Students develop a greater competency in listening and speaking so that they are able to understand foreigners more easily and overcome their initial shyness and nervousness of dealing with native speakers.
- Students are given authentic and natural models of grammar and vocabulary structures Teachers apply the latest foreign language learning techniques and methodologies, successfully proven from overseas.